A little background on my introduction to power tools.
My first time trying to create a kumiko pattern. This one is called asanoha.
Slowly but surely I have been making progress on my little boxes with the patterned plywood tops and bottoms. It is December 23 and I took the day off. 4 days in a row I can work in the shop. I managed to get the boards for the box sides milled to size. I cutContinue reading “Something isn’t right”
I set about to make my first project with baltic birch plywood, and it did not go according to plan.
So today I encountered a new challenge. The recessed handle on my dishwasher essentially snapped off. It’s all plastic. How exciting. A bit of internet sleuthing suggests that a replacement part, also plastic, can be sourced so I don’t need a new dishwasher. I just can’t easily open it. More importantly, my kids can’t openContinue reading “Problem Solved, for now…”
I wanted to try my hand at making something that included patterned plywood. Before jumping in with both feet, I decided to make a prototype. Well, two of them actually.
A quick post to let you know about my latest build. A mobile base for my bandsaw. The full story is in the Projects section of the website.
The back story of how I decided to build an outfeed table. See the details of it in the project section.
I love my new cross cut sled, but it needed a place to call home that wasn’t on top of my outfeed table.
Sometimes, when things aren’t working, a step back for a bit of perspective can be helpful. This post is about getting frustrated with some poor joints, and how I set about correcting it.